The growing market for gluten-free foods represents an important target group of consumers – people interested in products that meet clean labeling standards. However, the production of gluten-free bakery products according to the clean label concept is extremely difficult, since gluten-free raw materials have poor baking properties. Additives such as β-glucan, psyllium or transglutaminase are needed to simulate the texturizing properties of gluten.
According to research conducted by the Institute of Fermentation Technology and Microbiology, transglutaminase has been shown to affect not only protein structure, but also the rheological and viscoelastic properties of dough, thereby improving gluten strength. As a result, gas retention, dough stability, and bread volume and structure are improved. In addition, the breadcrumbs are also reinforced. Thus, transglutaminase has an impact on dough water absorption, viscoelastic behavior and thermal stability.
Emulsifiers are commonly added to baked goods, including bread, cakes, and cookies. These can be of plant or animal origin or commercially produced. The presence of emulsifiers in high-volume baking is essential to keep the quality of baked goods consistent throughout the process. Since the main function of an emulsifier is to stabilize the food system, any ingredient capable of performing this function has the potential to replace a specific emulsifier. Transglutaminase and hydrocolloids are common alternatives to emulsifiers due to their natural and functional properties, which can play a vital role in manufacturing clean label food products.
Request for copy of report: https://www.persistencemarketresearch.com/samples/31684
Key insights from market research
- The global transglutaminase market volume is estimated at 5,128.0 MT in 2021 and is projected to reach 9,172.1 MT by the end.
- The established markets of Europe and North America dominate the global transglutaminase market, together accounting for a value share of over 50% in 2021.
- The transglutaminase market in South Asia & Pacific is estimated at US$83.2 million in 2021, accounting for 47.2% of the global market value share.
- Among East Asian countries, Japan holds the largest market share at 54.5%, followed by China and South Korea.
- South Asia & Pacific has the highest CAGR of 8.6%.
- The COVID-19 outbreak has had a profound impact on the global demand for transglutaminase due to the closure of many businesses, restaurants and hotels. However, the market is expected to witness significant growth owing to its application in various industries such as meat processing, fish processing, dairy products and bakery products.
Get a customized report as needed: https://www.persistencemarketresearch.com/samples/31684
“Due to the increased use of transglutaminase to make guten-free baked goods, manufacturers will realize large profits by targeting food and beverage producers as well as the catering industry. Another potential development aspect for the market is the launch of new and innovative enzymes,” says an analyst from Persistence Market Research.
Companies are focusing on offering enzymes such as transglutaminase to food processing units due to the growing demand for higher functional value and premium quality products. Additionally, the demand for clean ingredients in food products further increases the use of transglutaminase in food products, as it is considered a natural food additive containing functional properties.
Food enzyme manufacturers are also innovating on new enzymes for different food applications which creates more opportunities for market growth.
- In February 2021, BDF Ingredients has launched a new subsidiary – BDF Natural Ingredients LLC, in the United States. The new brand will take the company’s international expansion to a whole new level by generating new business opportunities for the food, nutrition and cosmetics sectors. It also has a modern warehouse at Chicago, which is a strategic hub for product distribution across the United States
- In January 2020, Creative Enzymes launched enzyme engineering and modification services to create a perfect biocatalyst for customers. It provides services such as synthetic enzymes including synzymes and abzymes, enzyme labeling, covalent modifications, Phage display and mRNA display, unnatural amino acid incorporation, etc.
Get full access to the report: https://www.persistencemarketresearch.com/checkout/31684
Explore more valuable insights
Persistence Market Research in its new report offers an unbiased analysis of the global plant-based milk market, presenting historical data (2016-2020) and estimation statistics for the forecast period 2021-2031.
The study offers compelling insights based on source type (animal and plant tissues (TTG) and microbial fermentation (MTG)) and application (meat processing, fish processing, dairy, bakery and other ), in seven major regions of the world.
On Persistence Market Research:
Persistence Market Research (PMR), as a third-party research organization, operates through a proprietary fusion of market research and data analytics to help businesses soar high, regardless of the turbulence encountered due to the financial/natural crises.
Persistence Market Research is always ahead of its time. In other words, he presents market solutions by putting himself in the shoes of the companies/customers long before they themselves have a boost in the market. The proactive approach followed by the experts of Persistence Market Research helps companies/clients to get their hands on technical-commercial information in advance, so that the subsequent action plan can be simplified on their part.
Persistence Market Research
USA Sales Office:
305 Broadway, 7th Floor
New York City, NY 10007
United States – Canada Toll Free: 800-961-0353
E-mail: [email protected]
Visit our website: https://www.persistencemarketresearch.com
SOURCE Persistence Market Research Pvt. ltd.