DUBLIN, May 30, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The “Global 5G Technology Markets” report has been added to from ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
The report provides an overview of global 5G technology markets and analyzes market trends. Using 2020 as the base year, the report provides estimated market data for the forecast period from 2021 to 2026. application, industry and geography.
The report also focuses on key driving trends and challenges affecting the market and vendor landscape. The report explains the current value chain and trends in the global 5G technology markets. The report concludes with detailed profiles of key market players.
The report includes
- 63 data tables
- An up-to-date review and analysis of global 5G technology markets (the next generation of mobile infrastructure)
- Global market trend analyses, with data from 2020 and 2021, estimates for 2022 and 2024, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGR) to 2026
- Assessing and forecasting the revenue market size for 5G technologies in terms of dollar value, and analyzing the corresponding market share by technology type/offering, application, end-use, industry vertical, and geography
- Detailed information on increased investment in 5G R&D activities, key technology issues, network challenges, major types of 5G end-user markets and impact on device sales
- Market assessment of 5G technology opportunities, including ecosystem architecture, network planning and impact, service design and ROI impact, and key stakeholders and strategies of 5G
- Coverage of 5G patent initiative and standardization initiatives by industry forums, regional governments and 5G field trial activities
- Review of granted patents for 5G-enabled devices and services, and assessment of new developments within the industry
- Descriptive company profiles of major global players including Apple Inc., Cisco Systems Inc., Google Inc, Nokia and Samsung Electronics
5G, or the fifth generation of mobile technology standards, is a key driver of the mobile industry’s financial model. The technology behind 5G promises to dramatically increase the amount of data that can be processed using mobile devices. Its applications will range from smartphones with augmented and virtual reality capability to IoT devices capable of performing massive, mission-critical transactions in real time.
Nonetheless, the journey to full-scale 5G implementation, which is expected to take at least 10 years, is fraught with challenges for industry players. Standards in each 5G technology area await agreement as well as demonstrated technical feasibility by mobile operators, software and hardware vendors. Regulatory regimes, which must address spectrum shortages and economic imbalances, will play a major role.
Additionally, the mobile industry is moving forward with investments and marketing claims. Industry players, especially mobile network operators, are driven by declining growth opportunities resulting from 4G technology deployments that are nearly saturated in most developed regions. While 4G has ushered mobile technology into a new era of video streaming and data services, saturation of the subscriber base and competition between mobile operators limit the revenues that can be obtained.
Seduced by the promises of 5G, companies are expressing their willingness to pay more for the faster speeds and higher bandwidth it offers. However, the bulk of investment interest is in IoT use cases specific to their industries. These use cases are seen as a way to reduce costs or increase revenue.
Enterprise 5G spending is in the context of mobile computing to increase employee productivity and improve processes within an organization. With the advent of more advanced technologies, adding mobility to enterprise use cases has already resulted in significant investment.
Additionally, emerging applications and business models, coupled with falling device costs, have been instrumental in driving IoT adoption and hence the number of connected devices, such as connected cars. , machines, meters, portable devices and consumer electronics.
According to Ericsson Mobility Report (IoT Connections Outlook), the number of IoT devices with cellular connections is expected to grow from 1.9 billion such devices in 2021 to 5.5 billion by 2027. This robust growth is expected to be driven by a concentration increased industry focus on deploying a connected ecosystem and standardizing 3GPP cellular IoT technologies.
This growth is associated with the integration of the connectivity skill in a large number of devices and applications, as well as the evolution of various network protocols which have significantly advanced the growth of the 5G technology market in various end-user markets.
Main topics covered:
Chapter 1 Introduction
Chapter 2 Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3 Market Overview
- Main market trends
- Evolution of 5G technology
- Ability to completely replace 4G with 5G
- Value chain analysis
- Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
- Bargaining power of suppliers
- Bargaining power of consumers
- The threat of new entrants
- Competitive Rivalry
- The threat of substitutes
- Standards and regulations
- Market dynamics
- Market factors
- Market constraints
- Market opportunities
- Use case
- Vehicle to Everything (V2X)
- Immersive Ar/VR applications
- Remote surgery/telemedicine
- Drone control
- Smart cities
- The future of 5G technologies
- Assessment of the impact of Covid-19 on the market
Chapter 4 Technological Background
- Components of the network
- Base Station Subsystem (Bss)
- Mobile core network
- mobile link
- End-to-end (E2E) network slicing
- New aerial radio interface
- Software-defined mobile core networks
- Network processors
- 5G Mobile Backhaul and Fronthaul
Chapter 5 Market Breakdown by Offer
Chapter 6 Market Breakdown by End Use
- Enhanced Mobile Broadband
- internet of things
- Fixed Wireless Broadband
Chapter 7 Market Split by Application
- Smart monitoring
- Connected vehicles
- Vr and Ar
- Enhanced Video Services
Chapter 8 Market Breakdown by Industry
- Consumer electronics
- Health care
- Energy and Utilities
- Education and formation
- Public infrastructure
Chapter 9 Market Breakdown by Region
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South America
- Middle East and Africa
Chapter 10 Patent Analysis
Chapter 11 Business Profiles
- Apple Inc.
- Arista Networks
- At&T Inc.
- Broadcom Inc.
- China Mobile Ltd.
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- Deutsche Telekom AG
- Ericsson AB
- Extreme networks
- Google Inc.
- Huawei Technologies Co.Ltd.
- IBM Corp.
- Intel Corp.
- Interdigital Inc.
- Kt Corp.
- LG Electronics
- Mitsubishi Electric Corp.
- Nokia Corp.
- Ntt Docomo Inc.
- Oppo Electronics Corp.
- Qualcomm Inc.
- Samsung Electronics Co.Ltd.
- Sk Telecom Co. Ltd.
- US cell
- Verizon Communications Inc.
- Long live
- Xiaomi Inc.
- Zte Corp.
Chapter 12 Appendix: List of abbreviations
For more information on this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/a9ql9a
Research and Markets
For EST office hours, call +1-917-300-0470
For USA/CAN call toll free +1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours call +353-1-416-8900
US Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside the US): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets