Thursday night we have a long list of 10 games with a mix of some teams playing their first game of the season and a few playing back to back (Montreal, Toronto, New York Rangers). There are games with pretty heavy favorites, and on such a deep slate there’s no shortage of options to consider shuffling into versions (and considering disappearing on a 10 player), so let’s dive in and take a look at some things that you can consider when the rosters form for the NHL DFS DraftKings contests on October 14th!
- The Leafs were a team I liked a fade on for Wednesday’s roster, and after scoring a 2-1 win over Montreal – they line up back-to-back against Ottawa on Thursday and rank among the big favorites. I love the idea of ââmaking them disappear yet again – missing Auston Matthews is a big headwind for their offense and while I love that they win the match, I prefer the options over other places on a list. of such profound action.
- Tampa laid an egg in its first game of the season on Tuesday night with a horrific 6-2 loss, suffering from what appears to be a hangover twice. They have a prime spot on Thursday, traveling to Detroit to face the Red Wings and ranking among the big favorites in the process. They’ll be hugely popular – both their first line and their best PP unit in this one, and I think it’s a key game where you’ll have to make a call. The match-up is a dream – but on such a large slate we’ll see ownership levels spread out – which makes an overweight position on them terribly intriguing with people like Kucherov-Point and company.
- The big guns from the Panthers have the potential to fly under the radar tonight, but I like the place for them as they let go of the home puck to start the season against an understaffed Penguins team. Despite the fact that the Pens looked great in Game 1, I think it’s a tough place for them. With Florida, they tend to spread their best PP options over three lines, and I’ve long liked to market myself by performing 3-way combos of their best PP unit, which gives you exposure to Barkov and Huberdeau (like as well as Bennett and Reinhart) who I guess will all be in the top unit with man advantage again at the start of this season.
- If you’re looking to cut down on your player pool and line combinations up front, I’d be surprised if a stack of SEA / NAS or ARI / CLS lines were part of a big GPP win on Thursday night. However, I like a few of the options on the point of these teams and have included them in the cheat sheet below.
- Another year, another opportunity for NYI2 to go under the radar. They won’t be popular tonight and are very affordable at home against Carolina in a game that I love that they win. Anthony Beauvillier in particular is my favorite of the bunch and he can be considered a valuable game in gambling.
CheatSheet – DraftKings & FanDuel
|High||Alexander Barkov (7.4k / 20.71) (7.6k / 25.64)||Nikita Kucherov (8.4k / 16.39) (8.8k / 21.03)||Victor hedman (6.9k / 12.44) (6.9k / 14.88)||Andrei Vasilevskiy (8.4k / 18.02) (8.9k / 23.81)|
|Mika zibanejad (7.8k / 18.07) (7.7k / 22.03)||Max Pacioretty (7.8k / 14.48) (8k / 17.84)||Adam fox (6.4k / 14.33) (6.5k / 18.07)||Sergey Bobrovsky (7.9k / 12.64) (7.7k / 17.28)|
|Brayden Point (6.9k / 12.39) (7.9k / 16.44)||Romain Josi (6.3k / 13.83) (6k / 15.53)||Elvis merzlikins (7.8k / 14.29) (7.3k / 19.27)|
|Jakob chychrun (6.2k / 13.85) (4.9k / 15.21)|
|Average||Josh norris (4.8k / 11.41) (5.4k / 14.49)||Jonathan huberdeau (5.3k / 17.75) (7.8k / 22.76)||Jeff petry (5.6k / 8.89) (5.1k / 10.76)||Anton Khudobin (7.6k / 0.00) (7k / 0.00)|
|Brock Nelson (5.8k / 7.54) (4.8k / 9.74)||Sam reinhart (6.2k / 16.03) (6.7k / 19.32)||Nick leddy (4k / 5.04) (3.6k / 6.29)|
|Guillaume Nylander (5.6k / 15.41) (6.6k / 19.93)||Jake muzzin (4.5k / 12.66) (4.3k / 14.91)|
|Steven stamkos (5.7k / 11.68) (7.8k / 15.29)|
|Moo||Sam bennett (4.2k / 15.73) (6.2k / 19.55)||Ondrej Palat (4.6k / 10.91) (6.1k / 13.09)||Rasmus Dahlin (3.7k / 7.07) (4.5k / 8.52)|
|Antoine Cirelli (3.9k / 8.58) (4.3k / 11.10)||Connor brown (3.5k / 12.21) (4.6k / 15.04)||Mikhail Sergachev (3.6k / 7.00) (4.8k / 7.39)|
|Boone jenner (3.1k / 10.01) (3.4k / 11.78)||Conor Timmins (3.4k / 3.85) (3.5k / 5.03)|
|Antoine Beauvillier (4.3k / 10.68) (4.7k / 13.02)|
|Josh bailey (4.4k / 6.79) (3.5k / 9.01)|
NHL DFS Checklist | Tuesday, October 12, 2021 Looking for a quick consolidated list …